Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three Years Since Surgery!

I just realised that today is the 3rd anniversary of my big surgery in 2010, after 50 days of starvation on a liquid diet and immense pain. A resection of 40cm of my small intestine and terminal ileum and removal of gall bladder and appendix in the hope that I would go into permanent remission... The Crohn's came back but hey, I'm doing okay. Life is good. I can eat. I lack for nothing. So I'm aging faster than I ought to, so I'm always tired. So I'll never run a marathon and my bones are getting frail. But the kids are getting bigger and sweeter, my hubby still loves me, and I am surrounded by beauty and nature everyday... Life is good. Aims in life 3 years post surgery include 1.Stay on powerful meds to try and avoid surgery again now that I know it hurts like hell when I wake up. 2. Finish my PhD which was almost derailed by pain, hunger, surgery and more pain. 3. Relax and don't take life so seriously. 4. Worry a lot less about the kids, since worrying does nothing except upset me, and that upsets everyone else. 5. Keep calm and carry on, it's not all about me. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment