Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When The Going Gets Tough (A Poem About Hope)

Here is a poem I wrote in 2007 when I needed to hold on through a bad patch with my health. I hang on to hope a lot... and this is a good season as any to revisit this, and share it.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH

When the going gets tough, the tough get going,
but no one ever says where.
Where the tough are going do they know
If they will find their rest there?

Does it matter if one knows the destination?
It's the journey everyone speaks volumes about.
But how long can one keep going on blindly
Till one's heart and mind fill with doubt?

Hope, it is said beats in their heart
As they fight the good fight each day.
Something unseen, untouched and yet felt,
Unless we send it away.

Amidst the tears, the fears, the pain of life
Hope calls out to say don't quit
Don't lose the war, the battles do count
Take my hand, we'll finish it.

Pavitar Kaur Gill
(2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment