Friday, May 7, 2010

An "Ode" to the Scone

Here's a fun poem I wrote last year about scones. I love writing "odes"
to just about anything that takes my fancy :)

AN "ODE" TO THE SCONE

I sliced you in half, but you did not resist,
My knife slicing through you in one swift twist.
I lovingly buttered you, covered you in jam and cream,
Throughout all this you did not scream.
I bit into you and then it began,
You trembled, you crumbled, the drippy jam ran.
I munched and as I did, I thought,
There's nothing quite like a scone well bought.

Pavitar Kaur Gill
Who had scones after a long time, with SJ at Fosters, in Holland V,
20/11/09

4 comments:

  1. hee heee it's all about me! My scones are better! Amrit

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favorite especially with cloddard cream and strawberry jam and strawberries! Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, im so hungry right now. should not have read this! lol. it did make me smile though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scones are the best! Better with a cuppa Earl Grey! Gotta get me some soon :)

    ReplyDelete