Saturday, April 9, 2022

Letting Go aka "Mindfulness" As I See It

 Have to write an essay on Mindfulness but I found it easier to write a poem instead. An Ode to my last advanced module for my MSc. “Mindfulness”, as I see it.

Letting go.
Uncurling my fingers, one by one
Feeling the fear, feeling undone.
Can I let go, detach, be ever free,
Will everything ever have a hold of me?
“I need”, “I want”, “I love”, are the same,
Desires born of the ego’s flame.
Let go of hunger’s greedy grasp,
Let go of the mutually needy clasp.
Letting go shouldn’t be this tough,
But the ego finds the journey rough.
Dying to self is a lifelong task,
A daily removal of the mask.
Who am I beneath my skin,
What version of me lurks within,
Why am I hoarding all my fear,
When will I let “me” break clear?
They say let the past go, move on.
I say hold on to lessons hard won.
Leave the hurt, the loss, the pain,
Let me never forget what I gained.
Am I mindfully zen, soulfully aware,
Every part of me disengaged from care?
Save my soul from endless suffering,
Bleed the pain out in the letting.
Can I lie calmly upon the sea,
Let the waves just carry me,
Up and down as life dictates,
Content at peace in all states?
Let the storms come, I float along,
As I detach, I grow strong.
Attachment is pain and suffering,
Detaching, letting go, is truly loving.
Letting go is to love without caging,
It’s “I want nothing, I need nothing”.
Loving deeply without expectation,
Floating along without consternation.
It’s frightening, one fears utter loss,
As the ego dies, one sees one’s dross.
Daily dying to self by letting go,
Then ourselves we’ll truly know.
Uncurling my fingers, one by one
Feeling calm, finally undone.
I let go, detach, am ever free,
Let nothing ever have a hold of me.

Thanks for reading,

Pav
5th April 2022








No comments:

Post a Comment