Sunday, October 24, 2021

Forgiveness is Freedom

Forgiveness is Freedom

To the good time buddies who left when the bad times rolled in, I say thank you. 

To the happy go lucky types who shrank away when sadly, my luck ran dry, I say thank you. 

To the fun loving, laughing ones who ran when the dam broke and tears flooded the space between us, I say thank you. 

To the surface breathers who left when I wandered into the depths, seeking authenticity, I say thank you. 

To the awkward, fumbling ones who never knew what to say to my grief, waiting for me to ease their discomfort, I say thank you. 

To the users and abusers who cast me aside when they had drained me dry, I say thank you. 

To the smooth talking, truth twisters who said one thing but did another, I say thank you. 

To the preservers of optics who turned a blind eye to my true suffering just to look good themselves, I say thank you. 

To the egotistical accusers who exaggerated my faults to hide their own, I say thank you. 

To the angry who demanded tolerance and respect while being intolerant and disrespectful themselves, I say thank you. 

To the unkind and cruel who cut me down to shreds and crushed my heart, I say thank you. 

To the selfish souls who trampled on me to get ahead in life, I say thank you. 

To the unmindful ones who looked at me but did not see me, I say thank you. 

To the hurried ones who heard my voice but turned a deaf ear to my words, I say thank you. 

To the strong, healthy ones who failed to understand my infirmity and weakness, I say thank you.

To the darkly troubled ones who looked away from my soul, afraid of their own inadequacies, I say thank you. 

To the graceless and merciless who did not recognise the suffering of God in my pain, I say thank you. 

To all the hurting, broken people I have encountered who have hurt and broken me, I say thank you. 

To all those that have hurt me somehow, somewhere, sometime... I say thank you. 

Thank you for the lessons I learnt, for the strength I grew, for the grace I saw multiplied in my life. 

For all these souls, I pray, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do".

And for my soul, I pray, "Father, forgive me, for I know what I have not done".

"Help me to forgive, so I may thank You. Forgiveness is freedom. Come, set me free. I choose freedom everyday."

Pavitar
24th October 2021






No comments:

Post a Comment