Saturday, August 19, 2023

The Second Chance

(A poem I wrote in April 2019)


THE SECOND CHANCE


When the sun set and darkness fell, I knew.


The day's deeds were done.


No going back, no fixing wrongs or making right, in your book.


What's done is done. 


"They are no more second chances for you", you said.  


For years I tormented myself with grieving despair. 


"Why am I not good enough to deserve a second chance?"


One New Year's morning the sun rises and I catch it as the day blooms. 


The truth dawns on me. 


"I am good enough". 


And yet every new day is a second chance to be a better version of myself.


You said once, "It is too late". 


The sunrise tells me it is never "too late" with God.


God's grace and mercy are unending, every single new day.


HE is my second chance.


Thanks for reading, 

Pav

9th April 2019


Pix of sunrise taken by me from my roof garden, New Year's Day, 2019






No comments:

Post a Comment