Thursday, January 11, 2018

Alleviating Hunger

Staying grateful and keeping things in perspective on Day 7 of 30 days on a liquid diet. I am so grateful that even though my meds are making me ravenous and I feel real hunger that every time I reach for a packet of Resource or Iso-Cal my hunger is alleviated. Imagine not being able to alleviate hunger at all. To perpetually have a knotted yet gnawing hole in one's middle because one had nothing to fill it with. How terribly tragic that many live like that. Every single day. Starving, and on the verge of death. I have the means to alleviate my hunger, each time it claws its way back I am able to stave it off. Let gratitude guide my perspective on life. (Might not be the right time and place to tell those Abbott and Nestle people that their food supplements for the nutritionally compromised taste like crap. Nah, we'll leave that for "Lost my Perspective from a Lack of Gratitude Day!") :)

Thanks for reading,

Pav


No comments:

Post a Comment