Friday, January 26, 2018

Kindness from the Wounded Healer

Living in gratitude on Day 22 of a 30 day liquid diet. Today I am grateful for the gift of kindness.

Nothing melts my heart as much as kindness. Kindness is essentially a gift. We don't have to be kind, it's a conscious choice we make that blesses those who give and receive kindness.

Each of us faces our own struggles and hardships in life. Imagine a world where our pains were ameliorated by many, many acts of kindness, random or otherwise. We bless others, especially those who are undeserving, and in so doing, we send out ripples of joy, healing, grace, and mercy. We have the power within us to create so much good for others and for ourselves, and to ease pain, both our own, and that of others.

I believe that in reaching out to others who are wounded we help heal ourselves. It's the only way to heal, really. We are all wounded healers, bearing within us our wounds that may never truly heal though they begin to dim with time, if we allow them. Reaching out with our open wounds enables us to stitch ourselves back together. Accepting kindness from others allows us to help repair those wounds in them, and even the wounds in ourselves. It is truly God's grace and mercy at work restoring life to the damaged soul that yearns for a touch from God and a sign that He is close and cares. God uses the listening heart that says, "Here I am, Lord, use me, wounds and all".

As wounded healers we help heal the world by giving of ourselves, and kindness is the best place to begin because often wounds have their origins in deep and unkind hurt. Imagine the reversal of the pain and hurt when the balm of kindness is applied to these wounds. How beautiful to bring that healing, how marvelous to receive it too.

Today I was blessed by a dear friend of mine whose generosity touched my heart and spoke to my soul. I found myself weeping, and sobbing, and stunned. My heart needed a touch of kindness, and in receiving this particular one, it felt the very caress of God upon it. Healing, from one wounded healer to another, and the reminder that showing and receving kindness is God's love shed abroad in our hearts. I am so grateful for this beautiful kindness, and for my dear friend. I am inspired to acts of generosity and kindness myself, and that's the beauty of living through the healing touch of kindness. You simply want to pass it on.

Thanks for reading,

Pav


No comments:

Post a Comment