Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Laughter, my Favourite Medicine

Living with gratitude on Day 19 of a 30 day liquid diet. So very grateful today for laughter with friends!

Thanks dear Sheetal Vohra Gulati and Nandini Sukhtankar for dropping by and bringing your brand of laughter. It was so much fun. It's been ages since we last met, and yet we carried on as if no time had passed between us. A sign of true friendship where souls can be open hearted and comfortable with each other. Such a gift to have friends like these two gorgeous, laughing, charming ladies.

Laughter is the best medicine, and I think that's very true. You can feel the transformative power of a full bellied laugh, and even the action of smiling sends signals back to the brain that affect our general well being. Being happy is a choice we make every single day. It's a deliberate and conscious choice we make no matter what the circumstances.

I've learnt to honour and respect myself in the midst of unhappy thoughts or moments but not to stay there with them for long. I recognise them, I am kind to myself and experience them and then I let them go. I have to before they infect me with their melancholy and drag me down to sorrow and grief. One cannot live there for long and hope to be healthy and at peace. Grief and sorrow have their place, but in letting them go we allow better things to come in.

The better things nourish the soul and feed us, not just to keep us alive or sustain us but to help us thrive. I've discovered laughter is one of these better things. It's essential, like a vitamin or minerals that our bodies need. Without it, we shrivel up and lose ourselves.

Two lovely ladies I met on my course in 2016 took the time to bring cheer and laughter and blessed me with their thoughtful gifts and sweet souls. My own soul felt like it expanded as we talked and laughed and shared our experiences. What a precious blessing of love and joy today. I am so grateful.

Thanks for reading,

Pav


No comments:

Post a Comment