Thursday, January 25, 2018

Savouring Time Together

Living in gratitude on Day 20 of a 30 day liquid diet. Today I am grateful for the time I have left with second son, Sach, who hopes to leave for uni in August. The months are flying past. Before I know it, he will be gone. And I'll be messaging and waiting for holidays and wondering how he is doing. Practising now with number one son who has left. :)

Today I took Sach and my 4th son, Cesar, for Japanese lunch, and to watch "The Post". Highly recommend the movie. Great stuff about the Vietnam War, Pentagon Papers, Official Secrets, Freedom of the Press, and the true story of Katherine Graham, Publisher of The Washington Post. Featuring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep and an excellent ensemble cast. Streep got her 21st Oscar nomination for this role. Watch it!

Watching the boys eat was such a treat. Sach loves Japanese food. Sushi, sashimi and exquisite bites to tickle the palate. The dishes were so colourful, and tastefully done and we talked about textures and flavours and how it's an art, really. I sipped my Resource on the sly, hoping I wouldn't get thrown out for BYO to a fancy Japanese restaurant. Ooops :)Turns out we had stuff to celebrate... Cesar got above 90% for all his Engineering course exams recently. That boy works so hard to keep his scholarship. He's an inspiration! Meanwhile, overnight, he built the Lego Millenium Falcon that has been languishing in the house for 2 Christmases waiting for somebody to put the pieces together. He did it! Wonderful!

Some shopping for sneakers, snacks and drinks and we came home and later the boys ate the goulash I made yesterday. It kinda soaked up the gravy overnight and flavours got a bit too intense but it was a success. Another day of feeding kids, and getting feedback on how to feed them better. Sweet. :) Some day it'll just be me. And I'm the easiest to feed, really! I hardly eat these days! ;)

Every day is so special. Hidden away in the noisy madness or eerie silence, or absence even, is a jewel of a moment that reveals itself if we are looking for it. The moment that says whatever else we have endured, whatever the highs and lows have been, whatever has been said and done, there will always be unconditional love here for you. Open hearts that communicate that love both ways. So beautiful. So many shared moments of knowing that our bond is deep.

I know I am going to miss Sach, but I rejoice that he will soon be finding his way in the world, and that I am blessed to have another two kids waiting in the wings to launch out on their journeys in due course. Preparing now to let go. It is as it should be. So grateful for every moment I have left now with Sach. Thank you, Sach, for being you!

Thanks for reading,

Pav





No comments:

Post a Comment