Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Beauty of Flowers

Living a life of gratitude on Day 25 of a 30 Day Liquid Diet. Today I am grateful for the beauty of flowers.

I spent several hours today visiting people who are old or ill. One was a visit to the doctor with the old folks, and another was a visit to the hospital to see how a friend was doing. Visiting a friend in hospital became a reunion of sorts as a mutual friend turned up there. Hey, party time! :)

My friend insisted on sending me home, and on the way she asked if I'd like to buy flowers because she was planning to do so. I nearly fell off my seat! Buy flowers? Of course! I love buying flowers! I just haven't been buying them for myself for a while now.

And so after a very long time, I got myself some unsual orchids and my fav orange Indian roses. So very beautiful. I arranged them, and touched them and felt the silky velvet of their petals and rejoiced to have such beauty within my grasp.

Flowers are very special to me. They are fragile yet hardy, with soft petals on hard stems, have a myriad of colours and shades, and whether fragrant or not, they are so beautiful. Even though they wilt and die like any other living thing, and their life seems so short, they bring so much joy to those who truly appreciate them.

I'm enjoying my flowers and relishing the thought of spoiling myself more often with flowery treats. I simply love them. So grateful for flowers, and their beauty today. The mind and heart rejoices to look upon such things of beauty. We innately recognise true beauty when we see it, especially in nature. Nothing speaks so eloquently of beauty to me. Blessed!

Thanks for reading,

Pav





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to subscribe for this weblog to get most recent
    updates, thus where can i do it please help out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hie there. You need to go to the web version and the subscribe option will be on the right side of the blog page. Tx!

      Delete