Saturday, October 17, 2020

Day 16 in A Month of Gratitude (16th October 2020)

Day 16 of A Month of Gratitude, #AMOG, and today I am #grateful for #friendship. At the heart of all loving relationships is a friendship that began with a simple "Hello" that blossomed into so much more. I am so glad that I have many friends in my life, but as I am getting older, and hopefully wiser, I have come to appreciate the few close friends that I consider a part of my inner circle.


It's really about #qualitynotquantity, and part of that I think is just the lack of energy, time and resources one has to pour into the lives of too many friends. We can't be all things to everyone, but we can be very special to a few people, and they to us. What do we look for in friendships? I don't have a list, I just think of my dearest friends and I realise what makes our friendship work well. I think #reciprocity is important. If I enjoy you and your company, I'd like you to feel the same way. We won't get far as friends if it's one sided! Think that's a stalker situation! 🤣


I think my best friends are the ones I've been #transparent with, you know, the friends who can see right through you not because you're a flimsy sort but because you've been able to tear down walls and lay bare your soul, and felt accepted and loved by them. These souls are precious. Hold them close, and try not to hurt them... it takes a lot to get to a place of reciprocal #openness and #vulnerability and it's rare in this world. When you find friends like that you must treasure them lovingly and cherish them for the wonderful and life giving souls that they are. They are a #gift to you in your journey. 


A long journey is made lighter when we have #goodcompany walking alongside us. The best kind is not always in step with us, often they dance to the tune of their own song or march to the beat of a different drummer. But that's perfectly fine, because they do fall in step with us in closer encounters, and when that happens it's magical. You pick up the threads of a conversation as if you'd met yesterday when, in truth, months may have passed between you. Those are the most beautiful of friendships, the kinds that last a lifetime. When you look into the eyes of the other, you see a #reflection of yourself, because we are mysteriously drawn to #echoesofourselves and often, our friends see the beauty in us which we cannot see. We are blinkered by our own bias against ourselves but friends see the goodness in us, and good friends bring out our best. 


May you have good friends for your journey, and be a good friend yourself, however you may define friendship. It requires love and effort but is so worth the reward of building lasting friendships. We were meant for connection. ❤


Here is a pix  of one of my dear friends, Isabelle Desjeux, who exemplifies everything a true friend could be, and more. And a gift she made as a wedding anniversary present for me in Jan 2005. I've known her for almost 2 decades, and it's been my privilege to count her as my friend, and my once upon a time neighbour in Seletar Camp. And to have partaken of those tarte tartins with uncovered apples on top. Yummy! Love this gift, and it's in my room, a constant reminder of a lovely soul. ❤


#AMOG #AMonthOfGratitude #Gratitude #GratefulForFriendship #Friendship #Friends #QualityNotQuantity #Reciprocity #Transparent #Openness #Vulnerability #PreciousGift #GoodCompany #LifesJourney #Reflections #EchoesOfOurselves #MeantForConnection #IMadeItThroughDaySixteen


Thanks for reading, 


Pav








No comments:

Post a Comment