Sunday, October 18, 2020

Day 18 in A Month of Gratitude (18th October 2020)

Day 18 of A Month of Gratitude, #AMOG, and today I am #grateful for my #siblings. Nobody loves you quite like your #brother and #sister. I    have the best siblings, and I miss them very much. Today, is my brother's birthday, and I remember being in KL for his birthday in 2018, and in Melbourne for my sister's 50th, also in 2018. #WhatALotOfFunWeHad. 


But best of all, in my memory, was the great effort they both made, with their spouses, to plan and execute a suprise birthday party for my 50th in 2017. What a lot of fun we had, but really, #WhatALotOfLoveWeShared. I was struggling, and they came to #cheer me up, lend me #support, and be the #pillars that they are. I lucked out completely in the siblings department... I've been blessed with the best!


When I'm with my siblings it's like being with a comfy duvet that's soft and familiar and cosy, and when it's cold you reach for it and it keeps you warm. You know each other inside out, and all the strengths along with limitations that exist in them and in yourself. And it's perfectly fine, you are #loved as you are. You laugh, and it's an echo of your sibling's laugh, or you have a similar smile, or some mannerism that is almost rooted in shared genes. 


Best of all is the pool of #sharedmemories that you have together over your lifetimes... they are your #oldestfriends on your life journey, truly till death do us part. Friends are lovely, but you choose them, as you do your spouse, but siblings are #gifted to you, and you have no choice but to be in some form of family unit with them. They see you at your best, and your worst, you fight and disagree but make up and carry on because it's the same blood that runs through your veins... it's #family, and that's what family does, love you all the way.  


I am so glad for my siblings and the love they have shown me over the 53 years that I have known them both. They are the best sibs I could have asked for, and I wish we could breach the gap in the physical distance between us, and yet I know that we have a deep love and a certain sixth sense between us that enables us to almost know what the other is thinking. Somewhere in three different corners of this world are three people who carry each other in their hearts, minds and memories across the miles. Live long and prosper, my lovely sibs, when you leave this world a big part of me will go with you. ❤❤❤


#AMOG #AMonthofGratitude  #GratefulForMySiblings #Siblings  #Family #Familiar #Cheer #Support #Pillar #BestSibsEver #OldestFriends #SharedMemories #EntwinedHeartsAndMinds #LiveLongAndProsper #IMadeItThroughDayEighteen


Thanks for reading, 


Pav








No comments:

Post a Comment