Sunday, October 4, 2020

Day 3 in A Month of Gratitude (3rd October 2020)

Day 3 in A Month of Gratitude #AMOG. Today, I am #grateful that I am able to eat. Eating is one of the simplest of joys, and yet many times I have been unable to savour food because of Crohn's flares, obstructions and surgeries that have necessitated liquid diets and i/v drips and "Nil By Mouth". Sometimes we take basic things for granted and we miss them only when they are gone. I have had enough "seasons of starvation" not to forget what it is like to go without food for up to 8 weeks at a time. I remember them all only too well. I dont need to lose food to miss it, I continue to be grateful with every mouthful that I enjoy now.

Had wantan mee at home in the morning, and then long lunch with daughter and old friends and we ate and talked for 4 hours, laughing and remembering 16 years of friendship. A delicious Mediterranean meal that went on for hours as we nibbled away. Being nourished by food and able to digest a meal in the company of lovely people, surrounded by love and joy, sharing openly from our hearts is simply such a blessing. Maintaining one's mental health involves being able to mindfully enjoy every biteful, and savour each flavour, knowing it will nourish every cell in our bodies. We can't be healthy on any level if we aren't eating well. Part of #mentalhealthawareness involves looking after our bodies and eating right. I am so grateful I am able to eat food, for starters!


#AMOG #AMonthOfGratitude #October #SoGrateful #SoGladThatICanEat #SavourEveryFlavour #SoBlessed #MentalHealthAwareness #NourishEachCell #MindfulMunching #IMadeItThroughDayThree

Thanks for reading, 

Pav





No comments:

Post a Comment