Saturday, October 24, 2020

Day 24 in a Month of Gratitude (24th October 2020)

Day 24 of A Month of Gratitude, #AMOG, and today, I am #grateful for #me. Yes, just plain ol' me. Was thinking about what to be grateful for and felt a little stressed plus am crazy busy because I am proofreading youngest son's 4000 word IB Extended Essay on Economics, specifically looking at the CPF and relative poverty amongst the employed elderly above retirement age in Singapore... It's due on Monday and my head is swimming with theory, numbers, figures, and words, and I need to cook chicken curry soon. One cannot live on words alone, one must feed the kids too! I am grateful to have one last IB EE to proofread, and daily meals to prepare or order in, and I love my kids to bits and the world is a lovely place (some of it, some of the time!)... so here I am folks, keeping it really simple... I am grateful for me! 


Won't add a list of wonderful adjectives to describe myself and to hashtag away as I am somewhat modest and shall refrain. Teehee! I shall, however, state that I am a #survivor and a #thriver, which is saying a lot because it has taken me some time to move from one state to the next. I was in survival mode for a long time. Now I feel that I am thriving. Found my groove, and I am #happy. I keep my expectations of myself low, or at least I try, and remind myself not to take everything too seriously. Seriously, yes, because that's part of my nature, but not too seriously. I rejoice in my limitations while working on them and I try to remind myself of all that is good in me too. I think I struggle with that. Is it my nature or nurturing that makes it hard for me to see the good in myself? Perhaps we are conditioned to not focus on ourselves and all the beauty that resides within. Accepting ourselves with all our warts as well as our lovelier bits is important, and to focus on being a better version of myself everyday keeps me on an even keel. Every new day is a fresh chance to be a brand new old me! Yay! 🤣


Well, today, caught between the CPF, relative poverty, frying onions and masala, and cooking chicken curry... somewhere in there is me. Able to proof read an essay on just about anything, and feed the masses at the same time. And I've showered and I look and smell good too... until the masala gets fried! Domestic goddess is hardly me, in fact, I'm happiest curled up with a book or watching sci fi on the telly. Gee, I have so many talents! 🤣 Be grateful for yourselves, too, dear friends, nobody else might be or has to be, you owe it to yourself to be grateful for you, and to love yourself in your entirety!❤


Fav pix of me on my fav villa in Baros, in the Maldives, over looking the ocean. So me. Why is me not where me wants to be? Sooooon! 


#AMOG #AMonthOfGratitude #GratefulForMe #Survivor #Thriver #Happy #LowerExpectations #AcceptLimitations #LoveYourself #BetterVersionDaily #BrandNewOldMe #Talents #BeautyWithin #Entirety #WartsAndAll #IMadeItThroughDayTwentyFour   


Thanks for reading, 


Pav










No comments:

Post a Comment